This video demonstrates how to run an Oracle APEX application against MongoDB. The application contains a fully featured Interactive report and a form page running CRUD operations, both based on MongoDB data.
In detail, it gives a brief introduction into the following techniques:
- extracting data from a website with Import.io. In this demonstration, the books about Oracle APEX are grabbed from an online store and will be used as example data for the application
- uploading the data to MongoDB and showing the easy handling of a JSON-style data store
- creating a RESTful API in Node.js using the modules Mongoose and Express.js
- testing the Web Services with a REST client (PAW)
- consuming the Web Services in Oracle APEX. The data handling is achieved by using the latest JSON features shipped with Oracle Database 12c and Oracle APEX 5.